Thursday, October 26, 2017

Where Are We Today
 (click on pic to enlarge)
Our Route Day Four
Wagons Ho, I mean Mobile Suite Ho, we left Sam's Club in Lincoln Nebraska around 8:30 a.m. (C/T), with a short drive we were back on Hwy I 80 westward bound and looking for a fuel  stop. We found one at York Nebraska where we took on 29 gallons of diesel @$2.85.9 a gallon.

Wind sock along side of Hwy

Back on the road we made steady progress with light traffic. At the start of the day we were at 1176 feet in elevation with strong north winds at 45 mph blowing directly across the highway. The speed limit on the highway is 75 mph and we were cruising along between 60 & 65 mph. I watched as the transports passed and pulled ahead of us, how they were fighting the winds as it blew them around. I know we aren't as big as they are, but we do have quite an area for the wind to grab. I didn't seem to have to fight the wheel much and the trailer stayed right behind the truck as moved along. I did see about 10 5th wheels and 3 motor homes, but only 3 travel trailers on the road, all heading east, don't what the winds were doing to them.

Tumble weed

Light traffic and grey skies

At noon we stopped for lunch at a Rest Area near Cozad Ne., then carried on for another hour before we needed fuel again. With the winds and the steady raise in elevation, fuel economy was high today.
Again I have to say what a nice stretch of highway we were travelling on, I will rate it at a 8.5 out of 10. We came to exit 102 , and this is where we parted company of Hwy I 80 and got onto Hwy I 76. This one I'm afraid wasn't as nice, I will rate it at a 6.5 out of 10 for the 68 miles we travelled it to Sterling Co. where we stopped for the night.

Colorado bound

We rose over 2700 feet in elevation today, ending up at 3930 ft. Tomorrow we will pass thru Denver Co., the mile high city. 
Thanks for following along, until the next time, take care and be safe. Feel free to leave a comment, I do read them all. The map below has been updated with today's route.


 

10 comments:

  1. Like that you are rating the roads. Continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, I started rating the roads after travelling I69 last year, it was such a rough road that we said we would never travel it again.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are having Safe travels without any problems.
    Be Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog..Like seeing the map and your ratings of the highway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, one of these nights I will give an explanation on how I come up with my rating.

      Delete
  4. You are making good time and you will be hitting some major mountains going past Denver over 10,000 feet, travel safe and hope for good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes we are making good time. the weather looks good for the next couple of days in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
    Thanks for sharing
    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    หนังชีวประวัติ

    ReplyDelete