Sunday, September 24, 2017

Hobby Projects & Flying

Where Are We Today
Priceville, Ontario
 (click on pic to enlarge)
Pat has been mentioning in her posts that I have been working on a project for my cargo trailer, this is true.
All of my RC planes and equipment are in my cargo trailer and organizing and storing them has been an ongoing project. I am always looking at what others do to do the same thing and take ideas from that. One of the storage options that I  used for the wings of the plane was to lay them across dowels and strap them down. Although it was me who built that system, I was never really happy with it.
Old system, resting on dowels
One day, while smoke was coming out of my ears, I came up with something different. So off to my local Rona and bought some lumber, drawer slides and screws.  I built my new wing storage rack and when I had it ready, took the old system out of the trailer and installed the new one under the bench. Now when I want one of the wings, I simply pull out the tray and lift out the wing I want. I'm very pleased with the new system.
Wing holders cut out


First one mounted to drawer slides

All four mounted

Fastening rubber protectors

Installed under bench in the trailer
Last Saturday we traveled down to London for a BBQ at Forest City Flyers RC Club and a great day of flying. It was great to catch up with the guys that for over 25 years I have had the pleasure of knowing, flying, learning from and helping. I wasn't a member this year because of the distance but after considering that I am in London at least once a week working at CanAm RV, I have joined the club for next year and looking forward to flying and seeing my flying friends more often.
Entrance to the flying field

Getting ready to fly

Walking it home after the flight
The rest of the pics were taken from my Quad copter.

View of the field




Pilots out on the flight line



Pat did an excellent write up on the day of flying so I won't repeat it here, check out her post if you haven't read it yet.Here

Until the next time, take care and be safe. Feel free to leave a comment, love to hear from you.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks guys, I am always amazed at the shots taken by the camera on the drone.

      Delete
  2. Like you wing drawer, great idea. What a fun day of flying and having fun with friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy with the wing drawer, so much easier to get the wings out now. It certainly was great to fly and have fun with those guys.

      Delete
  3. The Wing Drawer looks very well thought out supporting the Wings across to avoid warpage.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I am pleased with the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great arial shots. Sounds like you enjoy not only your hobby but solving problems, also.

    ReplyDelete