Thursday, August 12, 2021

For " The Furry Gnome" Part One

Where Are We Today
"The Ridge"


We had a nice visit yesterday from fellow blogger “The Furry Gnome “and Mrs. F.G., which during our conversation, he said I need to blog more. I have to agree with him so here is a start at catching up.

Here is the space between the deck and trailer with the last deck board folded up.

Awhile back, Patsy in one of her posts, reported on the porch and steps that we built for entering and exiting the Suite. There was one thing that she could not comment on, which led to followers asking how I was going to move it when we leave or return.

This end section will flip up separately from the rest of the deck board because of the furnace exhaust being there, the board would catch fire if it was not flipped up while the furnace is running. 

Here is that same board notched out to fit around the post.

The plan is not to have to move the steps. When I built it, the last deck board put on, was hinged to the edge that would butt against the trailer. When we leave, that board will be flipped up to leave a 6-inch space between the deck and the trailer. With the slides in, hand rail folded in I should be able to drive straight ahead and clear the deck before having to turn. When returning, I always put the trailer in the same spot, although I will admit, it will up the level of my backing skills a little. I am confident that I can do it. If I need to shift the deck slightly, I can move it.

Sneak preview of the next project.
There you have it for this post, I have another project almost completed, so stay tune for that one. Thanks for reading, comments are always welcome. Until the next time take care.


12 comments:

  1. Nice to see your blog pop up again Bill. That was a good suggestion Stew had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou AL, it has been awhile. It just took Stew to give me a good nudge.

      Delete
  2. Stew was right about blogging more often.
    That fold up board will save you lots of back-breaking work.
    Looking forward to your next project.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Stew was right, it just took a good nudge from him.Yes I hope the board does the trick.

      Delete
  3. Great to see friends getting together up there. Hoping we open our border soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are enjoying our time with friends and yes Doug, we hope the border opens soon.

      Delete
  4. Good to see you posting Bill. I was wondering what ever happened to the pump in the pond thing you were working on and it burned up. Did you know you need to run twelve gauge extension cords for motors or they will burn up, especially on long runs. Run twelve gauge and that won't happen. Water's too important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Bob. Yes I knew about heavier cable. I have one last thing to finish with the pump and then I'll post about it.

      Delete
  5. Now that is a smart idea. I've never seen anyone make a fold-up section on their steps. I've no doubt you can back that thing anywhere. I would probably run over the steps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, we will see how it goes, sometimes I set myself up for catastrophe. Ha-ha.

      Delete
  6. Bill, thanks for taking me seriously! And good luck backing up next spring! Looking forward to more reports from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, just the nudge I needed. I'm sure Patsy will report on my backing up skills. Another report coming soon.

      Delete