Monday, June 1, 2020

May Update

 Where Are We Today
Since my last post, many of you know what the goings on here at the Ridge are, as you follow Patsy’s blog daily. As informative as Patsy’s posts are, she does leave some details of my doing, for me to post.

Outer Tips Covered


Wing completely covered
I have continued to work on my model, the wing has been skinned now and work started on the fuselage. I have not said what kind of plane it is that I am building, but a couple of followers have. For any airplane enthusiast, one look at the gull wing and you would know that it is a WWII fighter, the F4U Corsair.

Working on top half of fuselage

Top half of fuselage
For some time now, I have wanted to get a new laptop, as my 9-year-old one has stopped working in some areas. I am happy to say that a new HP laptop has been purchased and with only a couple of frustrating set up glitches, I am up and running, this post is being written on it.
New on the left, old on the right



New on the left, old on the right
 On another good note, the truck is fixed, except we are waiting on a new back-up camera, the original took quite a jar when the trailer pin box landed on the tail gate.

Black Beauty ready to come home
The latest news from me is that I have started a part time job with a friend and local contractor doing what ever I can to help out at the job site, so far it has been clean-up, dismantling and cutting and handling materials. I have found some un-used muscles, but I’m enjoying what I do and learning some things at the same time.
 This week we will get a date to get the trailer in for the repairs to the cap, where it cracked after hitting the box sides of the truck. It will be in the shop for three to four days, so Rob and Pat have offered to bring their trailer here to the Ridge for us to stay in while ours is being fixed.
The grass is growing and the cutting and trimming has begun. The buds are turning into leaves and the trees are filling out, there are many birds and chipmunks entertaining us daily, life is good here at “the Ridge”.
Thanks for dropping by, always great to hear your comments. Until the next time, be safe and take care.



 

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the maiden flight !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new model airplane looks to me a fine and meticulous job and I am sure it will be a beauty when finished. Glad for you guys to see the repairs of the truck and rig coming to an end and soon all will be forgotten. I bet the construction companies are in full swing right now and can use all the help they can get. Good that you are able and willing to lend a hand. Extra money is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene, it can be a meticulous job for sure. Yes we are happy that the repairs are coming to an end. The construction job is interesting and I am learning some new things. the extra cash is definitely nice.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see everything is starting to come together for you.
    Stay Safe on the job and Enjoy your RC Plane.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new computer! You are so much like Ken in the area of keeping busy only now you're getting paid to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, I do love my new computer, and keeping busy and getting paid for it is sure a bonus.

      Delete
  5. Having a little extra change in the pocket is nice! Congrats on the laptop. Dean needs a new one but he'll fight it to the end....he still has a year or two to go before it reaches the age of your old one. We will look forward to the completion of the plane and it's first flight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the extra pocket money is nice. My laptop was about to die, so I needed to do something, i am so enjoying my new one.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, it was taken just outside our campground in California. It is in the desert, just about 10 miles from Yuma. Because it is closer to Yuma than any where in California, we shop in Yuma and the campground runs on Arizona time instead of California time.

      Delete