Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Two For One

Where Are We Today
Elephant Butte State Park
Elephant Butte New Mexico
Lions Beach Loop "B" Site 75
Two For One

Good Morning from EBSP
Our drive yesterday from Saragosa, Tx. Rest area to EBSP was a pleasant one, bright sunshine and little traffic. The route continued on I-10 until just north of El Paso to Hwy 25, north to our present location. Climbing to almost 4700 ft. above sea level, we again enjoy the open country, cuts through the rock of the foot hills and mountains in the distance.
Thru the cuts in the rock. I-10

Entering New Mexico
Arriving, we took a drive to Lions Beach Loop "B" and found an open site, which we grabbed, and then cancelled our reservation in the Quail Run section. We prefer where we are over all the rest. Loop "B" is the only section that you can't make a reservation for, it is "first come first serve. The host told us that is to change next year and will be by reservation only, like the sites in the rest of the park. All set up around 2 p.m.
All setup on site 75
Today we woke to clear skies before the sun was up and Pat was out the door for her morning walk. I had my first brew of coffee for the day and read blogs. Once that was completed, washed and dressed, out the door I went. Today I wanted to empty the basement storage area, vacuum it out and do some re-organizing. I have an idea for getting rid of a couple of the rubber maid bins, so I wanted to test out my theory. When we get to Pilot Knob, I will try to make the changes. While doing this, I found that the track for the sliding doors down there was loose, so repaired that before putting items back in.

Basement emptied out

All clean and putting things back in

Test a switch I added to the water pump
The rest of the day, was a puttering around kind of day, playing with the satellite dish and getting out our string of solar lights and one  other solar light.
That's about it from me today, be sure to keep reading Patsy's blog for a more in depth read of our day. Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to any comments you wish to leave. As I type this the winds have picked up and gusting to 25 mph. Until the next time, take and stay safe.
Prayers and hugs to you George and Suzie.
 
Our first Road Runner of the Year beep-beep

 

8 comments:

  1. You are so organized. The belly of my beast looks like a tornado hit it. LOVE the beep-beep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in awhile I need to empty, vacuum and rearrange to keep my sanity. Just have to love the beep beep.

      Delete
  2. Nothing quite like being able to put your hands on anything at a seconds look. Relax and enjoy your time there. It's a beautiful park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like to be organized. We will, we do love this park.

      Delete
  3. I do enjoy your blogs because they are a little more techy than Patsy's. Was wondering about what the switch for the pump is for? Safe Travels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorne, I have a second 12 volt pump that I use to pump water from the water bladder into water tank in the trailer. when I connect it to my batteries it come on instantly, the switch just allows me to turn it off and on.

      Delete
  4. I'll just start over with your blog. It is the good old days

    ReplyDelete