Thursday, August 15, 2019

"The Hangar" Reveal

Where Are We Today
" The Ridge"
Priceville Ontario

Finally at long last, here is my post on the "The Hangar/ shed that I built for doing my hobby in.
The Beginning
This project started about a year ago with the building of a shed 8 ft. X 16 ft., the inside being 8 x 12 with a 4 x 8 porch. Mike, a friend who is a contractor offered to get the material at his cost and then build it with me and any volunteers on his own time on weekends. Volunteers included my brother - in - law Gerry and our good buddy Rob. I also built my work table before we went south for the winter.
Wiring and Insulation Done
Returning home this spring, the goal was to finish the inside by wiring, insulating and dry walling. Not wanting to tape and mud the drywall, I used trim to cover all the seams. Paint colors were chosen, and the painting was done.

Looking through the double doors
 A good friend, Bob, helped me frame out the door openings to the drywall and lay the sub floor and linoleum.

Looking in at the bench with the big screen TV


Looking in at the single door



Inside view, bench with tv, cupboards and organized chaos

Wall with the double doors, notice the peg boards from Bob

With that done, the removal of a bench in the cargo trailer took place and was installed in "The Hangar", allowing the installation of tools, pictures, some mementos, equipment and building materials.

Looking at the single door end, more peg boards, drill press, picture on the wall
I say that "The Hangar" is complete, but there is a little painting to do and some curtains for the windows, that Patsy will make for me. Since it's completion, I have been busy working at my hobby, building RC airplanes. The current project, 15 foot Telemaster, is coming along nicely, I hope to have it finished soon. So stay tuned for a post on it.
Thanks for dropping in, I enjoy reading your comments, if you care to leave one. Until the next time, take care.

14 comments:

  1. Awesome building. Love the two big doors for that huge plane. It’s so nice to have a hobby shed with everything in reach. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, the two big doors sure make it nice to get the big plane in and out, also nice to have all my tools of the hobby in one place.

      Delete
  2. Looking good,Telemaster is a dream to fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I learnt to fly on the 8 foot Telemaster many years ago and have had the 6 foot Telemaster also. Looking forward to getting this one finished and in the air.

      Delete
  3. Your Hanger is looking wonderful even more impressive in person. You did a wonderful job. And your Telemaster sure would be a nice sight to see in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George, yes the Telemaster will be a sight to see in the air.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see that you are once again getting back into your hobby.
    Sorry I missed this the first time round.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Hobby.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super job Benno said and I ditto that! Having this shed for your hobby and all the parts and planes makes working in it such a pleasure, I am sure. The good thing also is that you can leave everything as it and just close the door and then resume when you have time again. No need to clean up in-between. Love that huge TV to keep you company and even a cooler for cold adult beverages ;-) Love to see it sometime in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys, we hope you get a chance to come for a visit.

      Delete
  6. Love how The Hangar turned out! How nice to have TV out there and I see you're playing music too! Can't wait to see the Telemaster in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you guys, the TV is nice for watching and playing music. Getting close on the first flight of the Telemaster.

    ReplyDelete