Thursday, August 15, 2019

"The Hangar" Reveal

Where Are We Today
" The Ridge"
Priceville Ontario

Finally at long last, here is my post on the "The Hangar/ shed that I built for doing my hobby in.
The Beginning
This project started about a year ago with the building of a shed 8 ft. X 16 ft., the inside being 8 x 12 with a 4 x 8 porch. Mike, a friend who is a contractor offered to get the material at his cost and then build it with me and any volunteers on his own time on weekends. Volunteers included my brother - in - law Gerry and our good buddy Rob. I also built my work table before we went south for the winter.
Wiring and Insulation Done
Returning home this spring, the goal was to finish the inside by wiring, insulating and dry walling. Not wanting to tape and mud the drywall, I used trim to cover all the seams. Paint colors were chosen, and the painting was done.

Looking through the double doors
 A good friend, Bob, helped me frame out the door openings to the drywall and lay the sub floor and linoleum.

Looking in at the bench with the big screen TV


Looking in at the single door



Inside view, bench with tv, cupboards and organized chaos

Wall with the double doors, notice the peg boards from Bob

With that done, the removal of a bench in the cargo trailer took place and was installed in "The Hangar", allowing the installation of tools, pictures, some mementos, equipment and building materials.

Looking at the single door end, more peg boards, drill press, picture on the wall
I say that "The Hangar" is complete, but there is a little painting to do and some curtains for the windows, that Patsy will make for me. Since it's completion, I have been busy working at my hobby, building RC airplanes. The current project, 15 foot Telemaster, is coming along nicely, I hope to have it finished soon. So stay tuned for a post on it.
Thanks for dropping in, I enjoy reading your comments, if you care to leave one. Until the next time, take care.

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Project Updates


Where Are We Today
" The Ridge"
Project Updates

Since we have been home, I have a number of projects that I am working on. this post is an update on those.


Come along holding up the front of the mower
One of the first , was the to get new blades for the riding lawn mower. Not wanting to take the deck off the mower to change the blades, I decided to use my come-along to raise up the front of the mower to get at the blades. Having borrowed my buddy Rob's impact gun, it took less than five minutes to get the old blades off and the new ones on.
Old blades are bent from hitting to many hidden  rocks.

New blades on and ready to go.
 


A second project was to put a trailer hitch on our SUV,  (Toyota Rav 4) to pull my cargo trailer, instead of using the truck. I got a great deal purchasing the hitch through CanAm, which I was able to install myself. In a couple of weeks, when I'm down working, I will have a brake control, charge line and wiring installed by CanAm.


Ready to install

Reading the instructions

Yes, I'm laying down on the job. After removing a towing bracket, taking a tap to clean up the threaded holes, I was able to get the hitch installed.



All done!

The repair on my Stinson Reliant is finally done. I have a fuel tank overflow line to replace and the cowl to reinstall to complete the project. After that, good weather for flying.



Opening the under belly to expose the damage


Re-enforcing the cracked ribs with plywood

The left and right aluminum landing gear were separate, so I re-enforced them with another piece of aluminum, joining them together.

All back together

The " Hanger" is still ongoing, wiring, insulation and vapor barrier are now done. The next step is to drywall, paint and trim pieces. I still have the inside of the doors to finish, a bench out of the cargo trailer to install and flooring to do. As time and funds permit.



A bit of wiring for lights and receptacles


Insulated and vapor barrier going on




I am sure you have been reading Pat's blog with our day to day activities, and have read about the wood cutting and moving the pile closer to our fire pit along with the install of a permanent mail box post. There is still more wood to move and cut as time permits. All in all, life at "the Ridge" is good, with today being a all day rain, it seemed like a good time to write an update.
Thanks for taking the time to  stop by, comment if you like and I will respond. Until the next, take care, be good to one another, stay safe and enjoy life.