Picture was taken at "The Ridge" last year.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Where Are We Today
" The Ridge "
 (click on pic to enlarge)

Yes we are home and I Know you already know that because you read Pat's post daily.
We are settling in here and gradually setting up a little at a time. I have also decided to make trips back to London to work at CanAm RV a couple of days a week, it is something I enjoy doing.
The real purpose of this post is to share some information of the distance traveled this first winter away. The following info is taken from the dash computer in the truck. It covers the time from when we left here on Oct. 24th 2016 until we returned here on April 8th,2017.

Total Engine Hours 256 hours and 23 minutes.
5429.8 km./9587.6 mi.
3457.7 L /913.4 gal. of fuel
avg. 22.4 L/100 km./10.5 m/gal
Our combined weight was approximately 30,000 lb./13,607 kg.
One can analyse the numbers any way they want, the reality is, it doesn't really matter, it is what it is and we have enjoyed our time away this past winter. I have no complaints with the performance of the truck whether pulling the trailer or not and we look forward to next winters adventure in the American Southwest.  

   
Our truck and trailer
That's it for now, until the next time, take care and be safe.
 

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Valve Replacement

Where Are We Today
Can Am RV
 (click on pic to enlarge)

Although we are back in Ontario, we are not quite home, home being our summer spot "The Ridge" near Durham Ontario. At present we are at CanAm RV, tucked in  at the back of the lot while I do a couple of orientations,  we get a couple of things fixed and do some visiting with family and friends.
Yesterday morning I went about replacing the fill valve on the trailer. It has been giving us trouble over the winter so I asked CanAm to order one before we arrived home so it be here when we arrived. There are actually two valves, one for the fill and supply to the trailer and one for the hot water bypass, both are connected and mounted on a panel.

New assembly with connections numbered

The first thing that I did, was to take the new valve panel and number the nine hose/line connections, second was to number each hose/line to match the number on the panel, I did this as I removed each hose/line one at a time from the old panel. Once all the hose/lines were disconnected, I could then remove the old panel/ valve assembly from the trailer.
Before starting to reassemble, I duplicated the numbers on the new panel to the old panel. This was done for cross  reference  between the two, as you cannot see the back of the panel when you install it and I did not want to cross connect a hose/line.

Two valves with the panel removed

There were four hose/lines that I could pull through the opening and make the connections on the back of the panel. I should mention that all of the connections are screw on, so that made that part easy. Next I fastened the panel assembly in place and proceeded to connect the remaining five hose/lines.

Nice to have a space to work on/from

Working from the front and back side

New panel assembly installed

All done and washing up

Turning on the pump to test for leaks and the correct operation of the valves, I found all to be good and working properly. The whole job took less than an hour to do and I'm a happy camper.
Today we are off to Stratford to visit my parents and then to Tavistock for supper and a visit with my oldest daughter and family. I have one more orientation to do Thursday morning before we head for "The Ridge" Friday morning. It will be good to get set up there and settle in for the summer.
That's about it for now, until the next time, take care and be safe. Feel free to comment if you like.