Saturday, January 18, 2020

Happy Birthday Mom

Where Are We Today
Quartzsite Arizona, LaPosa South
Muriel Jacqueline Morrice, family and friends called her Jackie, was born January 19th, 1928 in Windsor Ontario, she was one of eight, three brothers and 4 sisters.  September 13th, 1986 at the age of 58, she lost her 18 month battle against cancer. 

L-R My daughter Charlotte, Mom and my daughter  Yvonne 


Like so many friends and family we all know, she was taken from us far too early.
Who is this person, why am I writing about her, she was/is my mother. I have never spoken about her in any of my blogs, I guess there was no need, when I spoke of my parents, it was my dad and my step mom.
So why today, mom would have been 92 years old today, so maybe it's about time, she has been gone for 34 years and my dad for almost 2 years.

Mom's Family
L-R Back Bob, Helen,Tom, Mom, Ken
Middle Donna, Father & Mother Ruth
Front - Carol

Before I was born, she was a Bell Canada operator, then a house wife and mother until she returned to work  at a customs clearing house, Border Brokers, in Stratford. Mom loved her family, children and grandchildren, she collected swans and was a great sewer, making many dresses and doing alterations for a bridal shop in Stratford.
So today without  fan fare, Happy Birthday Mom, you are missed and loved.
Back- Ken, Helen, Mother, Mom, Bob
Front - Donna, Ruth, Tom, Carol
Ruth is the only one still living


 

8 comments:

  1. It is always interesting to hear someones history. It is clear that family is important to you based on your last 2 posts. That is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I swear, we have the same pictures of family sitting on the couch all dressed up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice remembering our parents and memories from the past. Nice Tribute to your Mom.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful picture to have of your mom with your two daughters, a beautiful lady with two cuties. Such a nice post about your mom, Bill.

    ReplyDelete