Friday, April 19, 2019

Winter Mileage

Where Are We Today
"The Ridge"
Priceville Ontario 
Winter Mileage

Leaving "The Ridge"

At the end of each winter, I like to report our distance traveled and fuel mileage from the time we leave "The Ridge" until the time we return to "The Ridge". It should also be stated that it is not always a direct drive to and from the border crossing, as we may stop for one or more days between "The Ridge " and the border.
The following numbers are taken from the truck's  instrument panel computer.
Mileage: 9654.5 mi./15537.4 km.
Fuel/: 10.4 mpg avg./22.6 l/100 km.
Amount Used: 927.9 U.S. gal./ 772.64 Imp. gal./ 3512.5 l.
It should also be noted that these averages are for both towing and normal driving. This being our third winter away, thinking back, these numbers have been close each year.

Changing the subject, I was asked awhile back, by Dave from ourawesomeviewfromhere.blogspot.com, about my step ladder hung underneath the trailer and about hanging 50 lbs on the ladder at the back.

Arriving back at "The Ridge"

To answer Dave, you should have no problem hanging your blue boy on the ladder, it is rated for somewhere in the 200 lb. vicinity to allow you to climb up it.
To see the step ladder hanger install, you can go to this link here, clembillpat.blogspot.com/2018/06/
I got the idea from someone we met in a park in Huachuca City AZ. He had his in this location on a Mobilesuite.
Thanks for taking time to stop by and hope you are having a Happy Easter where ever you are. Until the next time, take care and stay safe. Comment are always welcome.

15 Ft. Telemaster

14 comments:

  1. I think you're going to have to build a larger hanger for that plane, eh. :O)
    Should be fun to fly.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost Bob, it does break down for storage and transporting. When I learnt to fly, it was on an eight wing span version of this plane. It is such an easy gentle flying plane.

      Delete
  2. I'm curious where you are planning on flying your new RC Plane. Don't think you'll be bringing it back to the "Q".
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not coming back to the "Q". I belong to two RC clubs, one up here and one in London that I will be able to fly at.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the year end travel report. We are probably very similar to your numbers as well. I like the leaving and returning photos. A good reminder each year about the conditions, and a picture is worth a thousand words. I'm glad you all made it round trip, safe and sound with good memories and excited for the next adventure.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, the photos are a great reminder and help keep the memories alive. Yes we have had a safe and sound round trip and look forward to next winters adventures. You are almost home too, and I hope the weather co-operates so you are soon back on the island once again. Continued safe travels to you both.

      Delete
  4. It was a great winter we all had. glad you enjoyed, soon you will have that plane in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes George we all had a great enjoyable winter. I have a few projects to finish before the plane but I am anxious to get it finished and flying.

      Delete
  5. I think your km traveled is a bit out. It should be over 15,000km.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out Gayle, I must have been light on the keys and missed the one.

      Delete
  6. Nice looking plane.
    I know from Patsy's blog the snow was gone quickly. It must feel good to be parked and getting settled in for the summer. Always fun to leave and good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, anxious to get the plane together, pictures will follow when I do. Yes it does feel good to get settled for the summer.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for posting the info on the 'blue boy'. Of course you are correct on the weight rating for the ladder. I thought maybe the constant bouncing down the road would perhaps loosen the ladder somehow. I'm sure I'm worrying about nothing. Although it would create quite the spectacle if the ladder and blue boy came loose and fell off on the Interstate!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Yes it would be quite a sight if it came off going down the highway I'm sure I don't want to be the person following. Did you see so many with the blue boys hanging their plus a lot of other things so I think you're pretty safe, good luck with your decision.

      Delete