Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Washing Black Beauty and the Beast

Where Are We Today 

Tres Rios RV Park
Glen Rose Tx
As documented in Patsy's blog,here, we are on a slow trek back home. We started out with one night on the road and then five nights in beautiful Elephant Butte State Park.
Elephant Butte State Park

With another two nights at Coleman RV Park in Brownfield Texas, then to our present location. We will have been here for two weeks when we depart Saturday morning, March 23rd/19.

Small RV park in Brownfield Tx,


Tres Rios in Glen Rose Tx.

We have enjoyed our first time here, exploring the park, the City of Glen Rose, Granbury and Dublin, where Dr. Pepper was once bottled, I am sure we will come back.
So, the real reason for this little blurb, is that I noticed on Patsy's side bar, that my blog was getting down near the bottom. I thought I better write something to keep myself in good status.
Tackling a couple of jobs, first washing and waxing " Black Beauty " and then the  "Beast"." Black Beauty "( our truck ) has been washed a couple of times, but not waxed, so after a trip into Granbury to the do it yourself car wash, it was back to the park and do a good wax job.
Black Beauty sure shines, need to work on the running boards

Patsy likes to take pics of me working

Next was the washing of the "Beast" ( our trailer), at this park, if you want to wash your trailer, there is a $10.00 fee, which I happily paid. The trailer hasn't been washed since last summer and it was sure dirty, especially the bottom half, from all the traveling we have done since leaving home. When we purchased the trailer, there was a protective coating put on, so you don't need to wax it, it shines just like the day we bought.

The suite sure looks clean and shiny now too

Yes I know it will get dirty again on the way home, that's ok, I still like it to look nice when I can. Arizona has very hard water which will leave the trailer spotty when you wash, unless you can dry it as you go, it is not a nice job. There are RV  companies that will come into parks and wash your rig for you using filtered water so it doesn't leave spots, at $60.00 and up.
Texas water here at this park is not hard, so starting at the front and down the left side while those areas were in the shade, I washed and dried as I went. Took a break until the sun moved and then did the back and right side, so much better.
There you have it, this should put my blog back near the top of side bars for awhile. When we are back home, I will write more as we have some projects, two on the go, "the Hangar" and my "Stinson Reliant" repair and a couple of new ones. So I hope you will stay tuned for those.
At the gate entering into the park

Thanks for reading, love to hear from you if you wish to comment, until the next time take care and safe travels to all making their way home.


18 comments:

  1. You sure put a shine to the Black Beauty and the Beast. Super job! I see that it has its benefits to be a member of the Tres Rios Membership Park and to enjoy the amenities etc. Very nice area and I am sure you would stay longer if possible. Have a nice and safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reflections sure tell a lot in the shine. The benefits are nice and yes the area is nice. You also have a safe trip home.

      Delete
  2. Nice to get those rigs all cleaned up , we have done ours once this winter with a waterless wash and wax works well. Gotta keep our home looking good. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed my sunglasses when I was looking at those photos. Shiny, shiny, shiny!!! I think you may be right, Patsy likes to document your working hours. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, the reflection is bright. Safe travels to you both.

      Delete
  4. Nice shine!! I just checked and you are just below Patsy on my sidebar lol!!!! Good try though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorne, as long as I am not at the bottom of the list, I'm happy.

      Delete
  5. Use Original Amor All on the running boards and all plastic on vehicle. Works and will restore color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is what I use, just haven't got at it yet.

      Delete
  6. That is something our Trailer is really in need of. Great job, Great Shine.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, I'm sure you will get at yours and have it looking like new.

      Delete
  7. Wow! What a great job you did on both vehicles..pretty pretty! I like the way you guys are taking your time and enjoying your trek across America! Patsy does like to take pictures of her "sweetie" and we love seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys, we are enjoying are trek across America, with about 2000 miles to go and lots to see over the next 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We came straight home from AZ and from now on I'll do it your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, taking our time, it is to early to be back in Ontario yet.

      Delete
  10. Nice to be able to take your time and enjoy the journey. Now the rest of the way will be in a very shiny vehicle and towing a shiny home. Nice job. Continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, it will stay clean for a few miles anyways. Taking our time for sure. Safe travels to you also.

      Delete